Partner with a founding team possessing deep vertical industry domain expertise to deliver disruptive new insights for energy trading
Is it possible to see the future of electricity prices?
Energytics founders are energy industry experts with unique proprietary insights into the flow and relevance of complex topology information within regional wholesale electricity markets.
If productized, their idea could deliver fundamentally new intelligence about future energy congestion and price volatility. However, the founding team had little experience delivering products or executing commercial strategy in an early-stage venture model.
Transformed Energytics from an idea into a rich product platform that is changing the way electricity is traded—in 6 months
- Robust data analytics infrastructure extracting, transforming, and normalizing terabytes of historical and real-time electricity market data
- Automated daily generation of recommended trading positions based on proprietary algorithms that predict future network congestion in the electricity grid
- First 30 days of ERCOT portfolios produced returns that outperformed the ERCOT market as a whole by 50X
- Emerging partnerships with large-scale energy trading firms, with potential to create Energytics proprietary trading platform
- Assisted with the spin-out of IP from existing consulting business into new venture entity
- Led $500k Series A to finance product commercialization and market engagement
- Positioned company as a SaaS-based information services provider offering previously unavailable electricity market data and insights
- Created new company name, end-to-end brand, and sales/marketing collateral for engaging electricity market participants
- Designed, built, and launched v1.0 of Energytics.com
- Guided v2.0 business development strategy for engaging energy trading partners, to validate the trading performance impact of the new data
- Designed and commercialized v1.0 of web-based pricing analytics service within 100 days
- Accelerated the implementation of complex big data processing and analytics infrastructure, capable of managing terabytes of electricity market data