Disrupt the higher education career services market through a SaaS-based student career prep and marketing solution
Academia often suffers from the lack of innovation in legacy practices and approaches. One such glaring example is career preparation and student services—services that have changed only marginally since their inception over a hundred years ago.
Together, these services represent a nearly $10 billion annual market spend split between students, universities, and the Fortune 500’s recruitment efforts. These programs still rely largely on both the student and staff commitment to filling out forms and doing things ‘the old fashioned way’—with pen and paper. They are slow, ineffective, and end up costing everyone in the ecosystem from students to companies.
Can you align all the expectations of each player in the ecosystem through contemporary technology? If you could better match and validate students’ interests and ‘fit’, companies would find better talent that is aligned to their needs. Subsequently, administrators would spend less time trying to manufacture fit and more time preparing students for success. In the end, you’d create a win-win-win scenario where waste and cost go down substantially and the quality and happiness of employers and students goes up—way up.
Thinktiv created a winning product vision, brand story, and company package that allowed Rowan to develop an MVP of their College Portfolio offering and secure a round of capital bring it to market at scale.
- Designed and built an MVP of the product and service offering to validate and test the market as a proof of concept
- Packaged the company for a successful venture raise of over half a million dollars
- Helped create the ‘MAP’ architecture that became the underlying components of the product and company thesis
- Created a demand generation and go-to-market strategy for addressing the largest parts of the market with a visual system that was simple yet engaging
- Created a top-to-bottom brand architecture that supplied structure to both the marketing and product visual development
Company Packaging & Financing
- Worked closely with the executive team to create investment collateral—including business model—to support and close the fund raise
- Created a brand and product story to support the market and customer needs
- Designed and developed the College Portfolio Platform, user interfaces, and interaction paradigms
- Translated the key dimensions of career growth into a product design that allowed students to self-select their interests while being guided by peers and mentors
- Created ‘digital portfolios’ of student’s content that allowed them to easily share their data with employers in the most relevant medium—online or in person
Marketing & Demand Generation
- Created various demand generation collateral—across multiple channels—that were critical in attracting both student and university interest in the program
- Developed a ‘tip of the funnel’ marketing site presence that allowed students, universities, and employers to easily locate relevant content
- Designed and developed targeted sales collateral to tackle in-person sales initiatives