Delivered the promise of smartly shared secure video through product, brand, and marketing acceleration
Can you displace Facebook and YouTube as the easiest way to share between friends and family?
Sharing video online is difficult—it’s big, slow and unsecure.
Public sharing on Facebook & YouTube is scary. No one wants to sift through complicated privacy policies or risk a creep looking at videos of their kids online.
What if sharing video online was so easy that grandma didn’t see it as an impossible chore anymore?
Delivered complete brand, mobile application and lead generation strategy for a product that delivers the ability to smartly share life’s moments.
- A 5 star rated app in the App Store; featured app in the lifestyle category
- Supplied the company with a story and product able to compete against Path and Facebook that compelled a hugely underserved community: moms
- Delivered a completely rethought mobile application experience and destination site offering the easiest way to watch videos on any screen.
- Established disciplined user acquisition strategy that complemented the seamless transition from Alpha to Beta builds
The Business Insight
Current social media services pay little to no respect to actual social circles in which people operate. At best, they focus on the ‘all or none’ paradigm which almost immediately runs its course of usefulness. The real opportunity is in understanding the context in which the shareable moment occurs.
The Market Landscape
Other solutions (Facebook, Path, etc.) fail to respect that life events are sometimes private, sometimes public, and often differ wildly even with in trusted friends depending on the context of the event. We believe:
- People define groups in an ad-hoc fashion
- Context—not software—drives who should see what
We brought Burst to market with three key innovations:
- Dynamic group based sharing, based on the user’s intent and need
- Self-destructing content; content will expire if not viewed in a certain time period
- The ability to share both multiple pieces of content to multiple groups by leveraging advanced cloud networking in the background